Sunny Sweet and Sour Chicken
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
You will need:
- 4 spring onions (diagonally sliced)
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 260g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rice to serve
For the sauce:
- 150ml Sunny D (Tangy Florida)
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
What to do:
Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken, vegetables and seasoning. Then fry over a medium hot heat for 5-6 mins or until chicken is just cooked.
Add the pineapple chunks. Stir in the reserved sauce, bring to a simmer and stir for 2-3 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
Spoon into serving bowls and serve with rice.