Sunny D Syrup Cake
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep: 15 mins
You will need:
- 175g self raising flour
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 175g butter or margarine
- 3 medium eggs
- 1tbsp Sunny D (Tangy Florida)
- For the syrup:
- 120ml Sunny D (Tangy Florida)
- 50g caster sugar
- Sliced orange and mint leaves to decorate, optional
What to do:
- Pre heat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4. Grease and base line a 900g loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and beat well using an electric whisk until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin and level surface.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until well risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in tin for a few minutes then turn onto a wire cooling rack placed over a plate or tray.
To make the syrup; Place Sunny D and caster sugar into a small saucepan and heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 mins stirring occasionally. Pierce top of cake with a skewer in several places then spoon over the syrup. Top with orange slices and decorate with mint leaves, if using.