1. The first chocolate Easter Egg in the UK was made by Fry’s of Bristol in 1873.
2. The giving of eggs stretches back to before Christianity. The egg represents fertility and joy in many cultures.
3. The Easter bunny was originally a hare with buck teeth, first mentioned in German literature in the late 17th Century.
4. UK chocolate sales at Easter make up 10% of the UK’s total year chocolate spend.
5. In Italy in 2011, the tallest Chocolate Easter Egg ever was created. It stood at 10.39m high and weighed 7,200kg. Making it taller than a giraffe and heavier than an elephant.